It is with great sadness that I have to announce that Gordon Waller of the Sixties Duo Peter and Gordon has passed away suddenly. He was 64. My sources tell me that he went into cardiac arrest and all efforts to save him failed. My condolences go out to his family and friends some of whom I know very well.
In remeberenace I present this video of their biggest hit written espcailly for them by Sir Paul McCartney
Keep A Knockin'
-
*WARPED 3626 - MILTON BROWN 1936*
01 - An Old Water Mill By A Waterfall
02 - The Hesitation Blues
03 - Avalon
04 - Sadie Green (The Vam...
23 minutes ago
1 comment:
Hi Ed, That's sad news indeed.
One of Peter and Gordon's best known songs, "I Go to Pieces," is one of my favorites from the mid 60's; of course, Del Shannon penned the tune.
Post a Comment